Saturday, March 17, 2012

An Update on the Cabbage

Apparently my snarky remark in the comments of this post confused a few folks.

(No, none of those folks 'fessed up in writing, only via text or phone, so the names of the guilty are well protected, don't worry.)

Cabbage was on sale for 19 cents a pound.  I wrote that I sent Mick to Kroger and he managed to spend $19 on cabbage.

No, sillies, he did not buy 100 pounds of cabbage!  I was "kitting," as CAM would say. 

Although I did, out of curiosity, weigh it on my handy-dandy kitchen scale (that I bought because Alton Brown recipes are by weight not volume), and the dang cabbage is 5 pounds, 11 ounces!

So, as I was saying.  $19 worth of cabbage.

--Jen
p.s.  So far, my cost-per-use for the scale: $18.55.  I need to start weighing some more stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment