Friday, March 9, 2012

She's Crafty

Not particularly, but in my wreath-making-frenzy of late, I finally finished this one tonight. Go figure, it involved cutting circles out of felt. 

I wanted to do two things with this:  I specifically wanted to make a yarn-wrapped wreath, and I also wanted to make a St. Patrick's Day wreath.  And I liked the idea of the felt rosettes of different shapes and sizes.

I wanted to scatter some cute little shamrocks throughout as well, but never quite got them to look the way I liked.  So instead, I Irished it up with the orange ribbon. 

I fiddled with doing a big wreath-style bow at the top, but the ribbon is not wire-rimmed, and so it wasn't conducive to that kind of bow. If I can find wide, orange, wire ribbon, I may play some more with this, but for now -- well, now that I am looking at this, maybe it looks better in person.  I don't know.  What do you think? Oh, and I am going to change the hanger to attach just in the back.  I don't like the loop idea, but I wanted to try it. Also, when I get shamrocks that I am happy with, I may make a second version covered in shamrocks.  I think that would be pretty cool, as long as you could tell they were shamrocks and not just a bunch of green leaves.



--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment