Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Kohl's Score

If you saw my guest post for Marianne over at We Band of Mothers, or if you know me in real life (which probably means you saw my guest post, since I don't think I have too many followers who haven't been guilted in some way into reading this!), then you know I love a good deal, and I can often find some pretty great ones at Kohl's.

Well, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Thursday, you might remember, WHM and I went to lunch with Marie, after striking out at Kohl's.  First, we didn't find anything I wanted, and second, my coupon, as it turned out, wasn't good 'til Friday.

Good thing, I tell you.  GOOD THING.  Because, you see, on Friday, Kohl's sent me another one of their fabulous $10 off $10 coupons!

And I almost wasted it, because our weekend was super busy and I forgot to check the expiration. Usually those things are good for two or three weeks.  Turns out that this one expired Sunday!

So, despite already being in sweats Sunday evening and ready to do a whole lot of nothing, I (sigh) got dressed in real clothes and went back out to Kohl's.  I wasn't leaving money (or free chocolate bars) on the table, kids.

I really thought I was going to get a stash of free Godiva chocolate bars, but I decided to do one more tour of the store to see if I could find anything.  ANYTHING.

And look what I found:



Thomas the Tank Engine pajamas.  These are cotton, not that weird-feeling el-cheapo shiny stuff that makes me think WalMart jammies.  They're not quite as soft as Carter's, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are made by Carter's.  Because they are Thomas, a licensed character, they are usually a fortune.

This particular set had two shirts and two pair of shorts.  Regular price: $34.

After sales, coupons, and that $10, I paid 19 cents.

Yes, my friends, NINETEEN CENTS.

I gave the cashier a quarter, and got change!  It was life-changing.

Well, at least for WHM, who now has more than one pair of "Thomas shammies" so I can slack a little on the laundry.

You know, just what I need!

--Jen

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought you'd appreciate it. I was giddy when I left there -- could barely get the words out when I called my sister to tell her.

      Delete