Here is a very incomplete list. I am quite certain I will add to this as I think of things. In the meantime, PLEASE feel free to comment on things you love, or which you think I obviously left off in error, and I will add those (well, those I agree with!) as well!
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THE SOUTH:
- College football
- The weather
- People are nice for no reason. And friendly, too.
- Good Mexican food whenever you want it
- Manners! Ma'ams and sirs and door holding
- Central air. Everywhere. Without question.
- Publix. I really, really love Publix.
- Barbeque (as a noun, not a verb).
- White BBQ sauce.
- The fact that we do very little snow shoveling, but having our shovels makes us look like heroes at least every third year.
- Sweet tea.
- Chicken biscuits as a breakfast item virtually everywhere.
- Speed limits over 55.
- Grits, properly made, at a restaurant, not just in a canister on a grocery store shelf.
- Shrimp and Grits as a meal. One of my favorites, and when it's on the menu, it's what I'll have.
- Waffle House.