Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Update on Projects: #1

I was in bed last night unable to sleep because of this stupid cold, and so I decided to check out the blog and re-read some old posts.  Whereupon I realized I've been leading you on.  I keep promising to post photos of completed projects, and never posting them!

Well, here's one I did recently.  (And by recently, I mean this weekend, because apparently you can't get heart-shaped wreath forms between Christmas and Valentine's Day.  I had to wait out the craft Nazis to get mine last week. But it worked out well because I got lucky and the felt was half off!)  It's hard to tell here -- poor light, of course -- but the color is a deep Alabama crimson.  I'm not a big fan of red.

Would you believe this little thing took over a yard of felt?! 

I seriously need a little circle cutter, because I cut about 500 felt circles by hand.  I would say it wasn't bad, but the truth is I could only do so many at a time.  (I didn't trace the circles onto the felt first because I didn't want pen marks to show, so I held my little template as I cut.  That meant that it wasn't my cutting hand that got a cramp, but the template-and-felt holding hand, from necessarily being in such a contorted position over and over again!)  Here's how it would go:  we'd put the kids to bed and find something on tv. I'd sit on the couch with Mick and cut circles until either (a) my hand hurt or (b) Mick declared it was time to go to bed.  And that would end the night's cutting. 

What do you think?

--Jen

1 comment: