Friday, February 24, 2012

An Award?! Me?! (Blushing)


So, I have this awesome, fabulous, tall, beautiful, smart, funny, amazing, friend from law school who blogs.  Her name's Miss Kriss, she’s been blogging for a long time, and I love, love, her entire life blog.  I used to have to go to her page every day to check what was new, but I finally joined the technological age we’re in and set up Google Reader on my phone … which is where I spend 99.999% of my email/facebook/etc. time.
  
I get a Google Reader alert earlier today, and lo and behold, Miss Kriss gave me an award! 

Totally made my day, Miss Kriss did.  (And it’s not the first time – she’s pretty awesome like that.)

Here's how it works - upon receiving the award, you are to: 
1) Link back to the person who awarded you
2) Answer all of the award questions
3) Award as many bloggers that you think are worthy of this award and make them aware of it.



What is your go to makeup brand?
Hah!  As if I live a life enough to have this anymore.  Honestly, my go-to is the tried-and-true curved brush black-brown Cover Girl mascara that comes in a blue tube.  Yes, it’s that sad that I don’t even know what kind of Cover Girl mascara!  Anyone who knows me knows I don’t wear much makeup anyway:  mascara and lipstick, and in the winter sometimes some blush.  That’s not because I am a minimalist by nature – the truth is, I don’t know how to do my eyes.  I would looooove to have glamourous eyes!  I have pinned a good dozen photos saying "wish I could do this."  But I have no clue.  So, there it is:  I have very, very fair skin, and green eyes, and I am closer to 40 than 30, and I have never learned how to do my own eye makeup.   

This, but with the curvy brush.

In a cruel irony, I have to wear mascara or else you can't even see my eyelashes, and given my coloring, black mascara makes me look either goth or dead.  So I go easy on the make-up.   

I would LOVE to learn how to do my eyes like this:


Or this:

Or this:


I really, really wish I could do my eyes like any of those beautiful redheads.

In college I went through a YSL phase (apparently YSL makeup is made for redheads; who knew?!), but that faded away.  I’ve had people tell me I ought to use Bare Minerals, but the way I see it, until someone teaches me how to use the stuff, there’s no need to buy it all. 
So, my go-to make-up brand is, sadly, Cover Girl. 

What was your favorite fashion trend of 2011?
I love boots.  And jeans.  And sweaters.  And a jeans with boots and a sweater.  So I'd say, my favorite trend of 2011 is that casual-but-put-together look.  Is that a trend, or just a thing?  Don't know.  Still working on it!

What is your favorite dessert? 
Flourless chocolate cake.  I am very, very, VERY much a dessert girl, but if this is on the menu it is without question what I will order.  With a nice glass of cab or merlot, or even a red blend, thankyouverymuch.

Don't even tell me this doesn't look amazing.  A good flourless chocolate cake is dark and rich and decadent and has a texture not quite a cake, not quite a mousse, definitely not a brownie, but smooth and creamy and thick, if that makes any sense at all!  I had a pave au chocolat in France, once, and that came pretty darn close.  Oh, those French and their baking.


What is your favorite color?
Usually I answer this with blue or green, but the truth is that I love yellow stuff, and the room I had as a little girl was yellow.  And when I changed it, I changed it to pink.  So, really, blue, green, yellow, and pink are all good.  And I am most definitely on a pink kick lately.

What is your middle name?
Suzanne.

The last song you listened to?
Well, WHM was just in here singing the theme to Thomas and Friends, but if you’re talking real music, I honestly don’t remember.  I can tell you it was country, though, and I am sure that I was singing along, whatever it was!

Dogs or cats?
Dogs.  I despise cats.  Cats are only good to give me something to hate since it’s not nice to hate people.

Something you haven't told anyone (on your blog) yet?
I’m pregnant!

Just kidding.  I am most certainly NOT pregnant. 

I am, however, looking for a job, and that’s news to my blog followers, I think.  Anyone know of anything good out there?  Especially if it can get us back to Tuscaloosa or New England?



Now, to whom shall I bestow my little award?  I'm giving it to the person who (besides Miss Kriss) really made me interested in personal blogging, my friend Jackie.  Jackie blogs at Life is Too Short {to be taken seriously}.  We met in law school -- where she was the wife of one of my classmates and first law-school friends -- and have been friends ever since.  She's crafty and funny, and a stay-at-home mom to two kids who are very close in age to my own two kiddos.  She came and visited me in the hospital when WHM was born and that meant the world to me.  So, here you are, my dear!   Have fun!

--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment