Saturday, August 18, 2012

Trick Negotiations

It's past 11. Besides the fact that she is still awake (wiiiide awake), CAM just asked for something to eat.  I asked her what she wanted, and she got up from the couch where we'd so far snuggled for 1.2 milliseconds, and walked down the hallway.

She came back from the pantry with Nutella and a tub of cookies, and here's our conversation:

"Can I have toast with this stuff, and some cookies?" 
"You can have toast with the Nutella, but no cookies.  Go put the cookies away and I will make you some toast." 

She walked back to the pantry and then came back to me again: 

"Mommy?  Can I have toast-with-Nutella on its side?" 
"Toast on its side?" 
"Yes, like at a restaurant?  Like the Border or 99?"
"I don't know what you mean." 
"Yes, you do, Mommy.  Like I get mac and cheese and oranges or french fries or something on its side?  I want toast ON A SIDE!" 
"Oh!  You mean WITH a side!  Hmm.  What would you like for a side?" 
"Maybe cookies?"

She's a smaht one, that kid.  I think she should be the lawyer in the family!

--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment