Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thank You. Yes, You.

Facebook is amazing about birthdays.  If you don't have a Facebook account and don't know what I mean, (I'm talking to you, Dad), when you log in to your account Facebook gives you a reminder of all of your friends* who happen to have birthdays that day.  That means that when it's your birthday, you get tons and tons of birthday wishes.  It's amazing. I said that already, I know, but I don't know how else to describe it. 

Anyway.  That's not the point of this post.

Because I couldn't get to Facebook from my orientation today, I came home to a gazillion birthday wishes on my Facebook page and was I overwhelmed by just how wonderful and caring my friends are.

I updated my status on Facebook to let all the well-wishers know that I had been at orientation for my new job today and wasn't able to check Facebook all day, but thank you to everyone for the good wishes.  A few people asked me about the job, and since I was on the verge of tears anyway (and didn't want to be too detailed, but likewise didn't want to be too vague, and certainly didn't want to be uber-negative on my birthday posts) I just pointed everyone to my previous blog post about it.

And let me tell you -- you, my friends, are unbelievable.  I am so humbled to have you, and when I was feeling so down and so terrible, you refused to let me stay there.

I'm still not thrilled about where life's taken me this week, but I know that it's temporary and a step in the right direction for my family.  I know my kids will be okay. I know that my paycheck doesn't define me.  I know that one day, I will actually get to use my law degree.  I sometimes have hard time seeing that stuff, and you wouldn't let me NOT see it. 

Thank you.  Thank you to each and every one of you who took the time to call me, text me, email me, send me a message through Facebook, comment here on my blog ... THANK YOU for not letting me give up on myself.  Not a single message you sent didn't make me cry -- but cry in a good way.

Thank you.

I love you guys!  (or, for my sister who was confused about proper usage of the phrase, "I love all y'all!")

--Jen

* all of your friends who told Facebook that it would be okay to share this information.

1 comment:

  1. No mom is a failure who has friends. I think you're obviously a resounding success.

    ReplyDelete