Thursday, June 7, 2012

Well, We're Moving

There's nothing that says, "we are officially moving," quite like selling your dining room set and seeing it leave your house.  That happened this morning.  And while I didn't have any particular sentimental value attached to the set, it still feels strange and final to me, and I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being a little sad.  Maybe that's because the future is still so uncertain, and I can't just say, "heck, we'll get a new one tomorrow!" (Although let's be honest here, it's not as if I don't have a new one already picked out.  heh heh heh.)

On the other hand, I am not exactly throwing myself a pity party.  The fact is that where we are moving doesn't even HAVE a dining room, so there was no need for the set for the imminent future.  And although I am still fighting this awful summer cold, today's the first day since Sunday that I actually have a voice, so things are looking up!

In other exciting news, despite being voiceless, I did manage to fold all the laundry yesterday and put all but my own stuff away.  If you know me, then you can understand how monumental this is.  Because as I've said in the past, I can do all the laundry like a madwoman, but the folding and putting away I don't do immediately ... and it piles up ... and up ... and up ...

So, one major thing sold that Mick won't have to move, the laundry is done, and I am feeling moderately better.  Now, I can attack the playroom and figure out when we'll start cooking the June Sweet as Pie recipes... which are, by the way: 

Patsy' Blackberry Cobbler
Sangria
Gazpacho
Tremendously Delicious Marinated Steak
Simple, Scrumptious Grilled Chicken

Can't wait! 

Besides, as I used to tell myself in college when I was staring down an impossible workload, it will all get done, because it has to.  I don't know how, but the only thing I can do is to start doing and it will come together.  And it always did. 

--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment