Tuesday, May 14, 2013

... and, for balance ...

... a little list of silly, random things I love:

1.  Sticky notes in every shape, size, and color*.  Just ask Mick; it's an addiction.

2.  Rainy Sundays.

3.  Paper clips with the little rubber coating, so they really grip whatever it is you're clipping.

4.  The smell of rain right when it starts.  It smells like screen doors and I can never possibly take a deep enough breath.

5.  Waking up in the middle of the night thinking it's got to be close to when my alarm will go off, only to learn it's 11:30 and I've got five-and-a-half hours of sleep left!

6.  Pepsi in a can or from a fountain.

7.  Big straws, like you get at McDonald's or Wendy's.

8.  Yellow highlighters, not neon.  Old-school highlighters make me happy.  (And they don't hurt my eyes.)

9.  Dixon Ticonderoga #2 Pencils with a super-sharp point.  I actually keep an electric pencil sharpener next to my pen/pencil cup.  Oh, how I love pencils!

10. Those white 3M Command hooks.  I love them.  They are in every room in my home, attached to my computer monitor, holding up towels behind our doors, holding wreaths and purses and bathtub toys and necklaces ... I love them.  The best things 3M has ever done are Post-its and Command hooks.  (Well, and Scotch tape. Really, you can't beat 3M when it comes to things that stick.)

11.  Brownie corners, especially if they're just a touch crispier than you meant.

12.  Wrigley's Spearmint gum.  Just half a stick, thank you.

13.  Keeping score at a baseball game.

There you have it.  I have an unhealthy obsession with office products and I am picky about straw diameter and my Pepsi provenance.  But every day I use these things and I am thankful they are part of my life!  What quirky things do you love?

--Jen

*Just make sure they are Post-It brand or from KnockKnock. Otherwise they won't stick -- and you'll have to refer to my earlier list of rants.

2 comments:

  1. Command hooks. Yes. Thank you for this - way better than Maria von Trapp's list. Snowflakes that fall on your nose and eyelashes simply do not COMPARE to brownie corners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially if the brownie corners are served with ice cream. Most of the brown paper packages tied up with string lately have been for the recycling bin, anyway ...

      Delete