It's glorious. It's how I grew up, and I love it. Other than March, there's never a month without some sort of break, which is wonderful for recharging for kids and grown-ups alike. Sure, I'll be a bit glum when all my Southern friends are out for the summer come Memorial Day and for us it's just a three-day weekend, but the roles will be reversed when they head back the first week in August and we've still got a month left of summer.
As of yesterday after school, we're officially in February Vacation!
And for the first time in years -- literally, as long as I can remember -- we've got a school vacation without any sort of travel plans. No trips North to see family; no trips South to see friends or family... no surgery scheduled for WHM (that was the last time we had a vacation where we didn't travel) ... we're just here.
With absolutely nothing to do.
|My favorite notepad from one of my favorite shops. Buy it here: http://www.knockknockstuff.com/catalog/categories/pads/kk-pads/to-do-pad/|
Here's our list for the week:
Clean/organize CAM's roomdone! Saturday Clean/organize WHM's room90% done -- we need to buy and install two shelves, but I'm calling it done. For now. Monday
- Clean/organize/unpack the master bedroom
Clean the living roomdone! Couldn't sleep the other night, so I attacked the living room. Friday
- Work in the basement and create/clean/organize the kids' playroom, finally.
- Go to the storage unit and organize/consolidate/find stuff we've been missing since August
- (Cry about anything we can't find even after we do that)
- Cook a bunch of cooking club stuff
- Blog about the above
- Wash, fold, put away all the laundry in the house
- Stop laughing about the previous goal
- Visit with my parents (they are coming up from NY! Hooray!)
- Move stuff from the basement and garage to storage
- Clean/organize my desk area
- Make a dent in the filing basket
- Work on Mick's business plan
- Work on my resume and get out some job applications (or at least get in the position to apply when jobs come up)
- Finish some odds-and-ends craft/sewing projects
- Schedule dentist appointments, find a doctor for me, and inquire about speech testing for CAM
- Make St. Patty's wreath with CAM -- find last year's wreath as well.
See? Absolutely nothing to do!