Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Me, by CAM

When we got home from school yesterday afternoon, CAM made this picture of me. I was was on the couch reading, Mick was next to me, WHM was asleep, and CAM sat and colored.  When she was done, she proudly showed it to me. 


"Look, Mommy, it's you!  Standing by a bunch of fruits!"

I asked her what the purple things were.  (Coconuts?  Bikini?)

She said, "No, Mommy.  You know."  I guessed, "Bikini?"

She came over to where I was sitting and touched my shirt and whispered, "No. You know."

I asked, "No, what?"

She leaned in, looked at Mick, and quietly said, "Those things you wear to cover your boobies."

Mick laughed so hard it was silent.

--Jen

4 comments:

  1. There's a really inappropriate joke in here somewhere, but I'm not going to make it. Nana would kill me.

    I do like her use of color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Very imaginative, since I don't even OWN a purple bra!

      Delete
  2. I think you need to start pulling up the neckline of your dresses a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good catch! I wish I had a witty reply but I never even noticed that little fashion statement!

      Delete