Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I am Good at A Lot of Things ...

... but Easter eggs? 

Not one of them.

Last year was the first year our eggs were both cooked and colored right.

WHM dropped them on the floor.


This year, we attended the Saturday night Easter Vigil, and I knew it would be late* when we got home, so we set up the eggs before we headed out.

Bad idea.

The dye/vinegar combination caused the egg to bubble.

At least the colors are nice and bold! 


Oh, and they were raw.  So much for my fail-proof egg timer.

Try again next year!

--Jen
* We attended the Easter vigil.  E-a-s-t-e-r V-i-g-i-l.  It was well over two hours.  And for two full hours, I stood and bounced and rocked a sleeping three-year-old in my arms.  It was totally worth it, but man was my left arm sore the next day!

3 comments:

  1. come on, you totally could've worked hours to get textured eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors ARE quite fabulous...give yourself a pass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 0 for 6 in this department. We need to call in one of them "crafty" bloggers soon, no?

    ReplyDelete