Monday, March 11, 2013

Epic Mom

Okay, so let me just say that in the midst of all the sad feelings last week and the week before, I also got a lot of mail.

No, no not bills and junk.

Okay, yes, lots of bills and junk. 

But I am not talking about that.  (Really, when am I ever talking about that?!)

I'm talking serious packages.  Parcels.  Big, padded envelopes.  Boxes with strange return addresses.

And for me, it doesn't matter if it's for me or the kids, as long as the fun stuff keeps on coming.  I pull in the driveway every day after work, get CAM out of her car seat, and run to the house like a kid running to get candy from a broken pinata, "is there mail? Is there mail?  What did I get?  Did anything come for me?!"

But I can't lie to you, folks:  I get just as excited when stuff comes for the kids as when it comes for me, but

[insert screeching sound here]

Okay, that's a lie.  I like it when I get something other than a bill in the mail with my name on it.  I am shallow and materialistic and stuff and especially like it when the stuff in the mail is for me.

And two weeks ago, it seemed that nearly everything that came was really for me!  See, I sold a few things on eBay which meant, naturally, that I could buy myself a few things on eBay (or other online retailers conveniently accepting that devil and angel itself, PayPal).  It's a vicious little circle, and I love it.

Yippeeeeee!

Among my new treasures?

This wonderful little gem.


Do you read We Band of Mothers?

1.  If you don't, you should.
2.  See #1.

Last year, it was Marianne and her Irish Catholic Chicago Married-to-a-Fireman self that kindly swapped with me for Leap Blog Day, right when I was a brand-new blogger and completely unsure what to do or say in this whole universe.  In the year since, I've faithfully read Marianne's blog and come to "know" and love her.  She's a fantastic writer, but what's especially nice is that Marianne's both funny and human.  She writes some amazing pieces that make your heart smile, and some hilarious pieces that make you laugh out loud.  Actually, come to think of it, I've never heard Marianne rant, because even her "rants" are hilarious(Note to self: take a lesson from Marianne!)

I had to have it, but I was a little slow on the ordering process... and finally, the week before last, I got my ridiculous act together, ordered it and it arrived!

I'd like to go on and on about how fabulous it is -- and it really, really is -- but you know what I really love?

The inscription.



Now, I'm happy to do a review and give you some teasers about her book (and I will soon) but really -- don't you just want your own inscription?

Marianne:  that seriously made my week, and it still makes me smile every time I think about it.  Thank you.

(And in the meantime, what are you waiting for friends?!  Order Epic Mom!) 

--Jen

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, THANK YOU and I'm SO happy it made you happy! Posting a link to this now on Epic Mom's FB page - it MUST be shared (but I really wish I hadn't messed up the exclamation point in the inscription which is why it's so damn fat). Meh. Adds to the value, right? (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you hadn't mentioned it, I would have attributed it to your artistic ability! And you deserve all the success in the world -- just doing my little part to help you get there!

      Delete
  2. I hate it when my husband buys things on my ebay account...then packages come with MY name on them, and sadly, are not for me. I just wandered over from THE facebook page, and very rudely busted in with my comment without even saying hello...so hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea! Welcome -- I hope you stop back in often! And I TOTALLY feel your pain. There should be a special punishment for husbands who torment us so, don't you think? :)

      Delete