Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ah, Work

After a Christmas vacation that was supposed to end New Year's Day (as in, back to school January 2), but snow days January 2 and 3 and then a bonus ice storm day yesterday, January 6, we finally had school again today.  As I told Mick this morning while we were getting ready, the thing about my job is I wish I didn't have a job.

Today mostly proved me right on that one, and I have the headache to prove it.

But then there was this conversation on the drive home with the kids today:

(the radio starts playing a Taylor Swift song)

CAM:  Mommy, it's Taylor Swift!
Me: I knoooow, honey!  Yay!
CAM: You know what?  I am Taylor Swift's biggest fan.
Me: I bet you are, honey-bunny.
CAM: You know why? Because SHE is my favorite singer.
WHM: What about Sweet Home Alabama?

That right there?  That's why I love my life.

--Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment