Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Preschool Graduation

Quick explanation before I bombard you with photos (and just think:  for every photo you see here, I have at least four more ... I was a picture-snapping fool last night!)  I will create a Snapfish Album for anyone who wants the pics -- I also have lots of the girls in CAM's class, including, well, all the girls whose names start with A.  :)

Graduation was at 6:30.  We got there right around 6, in hopes of taking some family photos (something we usually forget to do).  Naturally, we could find nowhere to rest the tripod to do this, so the end result was we got front-row seats instead.  Not a bad trade!  While we waited to take CAM to her classroom, Mick snapped this photo of the redheads.  (That's CAM, to my right -- you can barely see her.)


Ah, much better.


CAM led her class in, which was a surprise to us.  Look how excited she is! 


There are two four-year-old classes, and they performed a number of songs together.

Here she is, waiting for the rest of the kids to file in.

Singing God Bless America.
Some of the songs involved dance moves ...


Hey, if Mick could sneak-attack me, I could do the same to him!  Here, he and WHM are videoing the show.

After the first round of songs, the classes left to get their caps and gowns.  While they were gone, we got to watch a slide show, and then they marched back in.  Each child's name was announced along with what they want to be when they grow up.

We had lots of doctors and teachers (wisely, no lawyers!), and a paleontologist and an artist ... and CAM?  What did CAM say she wants to be when she grows up?  "A grown up."


I can't say how disappointed I am that this one is blurry.  Sigh.  There's always one you miss!
Waiting for more classmates again.
The kids performed more songs -- with dance moves -- and super cute lyrics about being ready for kindergarten. 

recessional ... on her way to the Fellowship Hall.

After the ceremony we all were invited to the fellowship hall for cake and punch, and lots of hugs and photos. 


CAM and Aunt "Hockey"
CAM and her godmother, Aunt Marie.
Family photo.  I need to zoom in and crop, I know, I know!


We made sure to get one last photo with CAM's wonderful teachers.  That's Miss Chellie on the left, and Miss Marcy on the right.


It was an excellent evening, and (mostly) tear-free!

--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment