Friday, July 20, 2012

Sweet Girl, and Tech-Centric Parents

Sometimes, some of the stuff CAM comes up with is so sweetly innocent.  Of course, it's also funny...

Yesterday she and I were upstairs doing laundry, and she came out with, "Mommy, I wish I had a boyfriend.  A SIX-year-old boyfriend, so he would be BIG and grown-up."

I didn't want to play the boyfriend thing up or down, so I just asked her why she wanted a boyfriend, and honestly, I have no idea where our conversation went from there.  The point is, we continued talking the way we'd been talking up to that point and didn't dwell on the boyfriend thing any more than anything else we'd talked about.

But then I wanted to tell Mick, because that little nugget was so funny.  And I thought it was one of those quotes that's funny enough to put on Facebook.  And I didn't want to holler down to Mick because I didn't want CAM to read anything into my response as to boyfriends being good, bad, or anything else.  So what did I do?

I put the quote on Facebook and sent Mick a text to check my status.

Hey, at least I didn't yell down to him!

--Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment