Saturday, January 28, 2012

February Recipes are Here!

Yesterday's post about high school dropouts was a bit serious, I realize.  So, although I promised to write more about my proposed solution (and yes, I have one!), I decided to break up the posts with something fun -- our Pioneer Woman February Menu!

I'm so excited.  First, this month our little old family got to pick something.  And I tried to be nice, really I did, and let Mick pick.  And he tried to do it, really he did.  One morning, he sat on the couch while the rest of us slept and he read through started to read the Pioneer Woman cookbook.  He made it to page 46.  (Sounds pretty good, except he started on the breakfasts, and that's only the third breakfast in!) Then he started cooking.  So much for that!  (For those of you following along, we had the birds in a nest that morning!)

Anyway, I picked.  And I picked Chicken Fried Steak (or Country Fried Steak, if you prefer).  Of course, I wanted to do one almost everything in the cookbook, so it wasn't that hard to find something I wanted to try.  It was just hard to narrow it down!

Okay, okay, stop talking, Jen, what does the rest of the month hold for us?

Awesome-est Blueberry Muffins (from the PW blog)
Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich (cookbook, page 88)
Ravioli Three Ways (also from the blog)
Corn and Cheese Chowder (also from the blog)

Yipee!  It's almost a week too early, but I'm excited to get started! 

Oh yeah, almost forgot.  In law school we were constantly reminded to use parallel structure in our writings.  Since I said, "First," then clearly, I can't end this without a "Second."  Here you are, writing enthusiasts:  Second, I love learning what the new recipes are, because that means more test kitchen fun!

--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment